Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Week 5

Last week went excellent!  I ate very healthy and worked out everyday, that is until the weekend hit.  On Friday I made this amazing tropical salsa and of course along with all of the added sugar in the fruit, I ate a ton of carbs getting the salsa to my mouth in the form of tortilla chips.  Other than that we threw a mini party for some close friends where we partook in other non-health conscious things.  I kind of regret taking the weekend off since it's thrown my weight off drastically.  I weighed in Friday morning at 272 which was huge!  Meaning I had lost 7 lbs last week!  Too bad this morning (Tues) I weighed in at 280.  Somehow I managed to gain 8 lbs over the weekend.  I'm not buying it, scale.  So this week will be a rough week as I try and push myself to get back on track.  The rest of this month is going to be interesting considering for the next 3 weekend I have a bachelor party, and 2 weddings.

I've set some weight goals for myself, why not set some fitness goals as well?  I've been doing some online research, and although I don't want to be a cop or in the army, it wouldn't be a bad idea to train like one.  So the least physically required job that I could think of was police officer (no offense to any officers).  So after a quick Google search I was able to find the minimum requirements to become a South Bend Police Officer.  I'm going to start here, and work my way up.  The city requires I can jump 13.5 inches, do 24 sit ups in a minute, run 300 meters in 82 seconds, do 21 push-ups (no time limit), and clock an 18:56 1.5 mile run.

Well I ran the 1.5 miles today and hit a time of 20 mins almost on the dot, I also ran it on a treadmill.  For being over-weight and not used to running, I think I did alright.  My vertical jump last week was over 12 inches measured with a piece of printer paper and in dress shoes, not very reliable.  I can in fact do 21 push-ups, but I haven't tested the 300 meter run or the 24 sit ups yet.  As soon as I have a way to test the run I will post the results of that and the sit ups.  I'm just not feeling too energetic after the gym this morning to work out more.

The Army is a bit harder, but I'm sure I'll get onto more of that later after I conquer SBPD.  The Military in general has some guidelines they've posted as far as body fat content.  For the National Guard for my age group is below 26%, for the Army it's 22%.  Again I will post more when I can get past Police Dept.  Also this week marks a doctors visit, so we'll see what he has to say too.

http://www.in.gov/ilea/2338.htm

http://www.nationalguard.com/guard-basics/eligibility-requirements
http://www.military.com/military-fitness/army-fitness-requirements/army-basic-training-pft



April 29 278     279.7
May 6   276.5  280.2
May 13  274

Tropical Salsa
1 Mango, 1 Papaya, 1/2 Golden Pineapple, 5 Jalapeños (Seeded), 2 Poblano Peppers (Charred, Skinned, Seeded), 1 Bunch Cilantro, Juice of 1 Lime, 1 Red Onion

No comments:

Post a Comment