Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Week 3

This past week was pretty good!  I hit the gym pretty much everyday (except for Saturday), and I'm feeling a bit stronger.  As far as weight goes, I made a little progress but not as much as I'd like.  I guess I'll just have to keep at it to get there.  Although last week I made a step in the right direction.  My black work pants were entirely too big, so I went to Walmart and found some new ones.  I picked out a few size 40's and tried them on, but the legs of the pants were still big.  So I went back to the rack, grabbed a size 38 waist, and they fit!  I am so excited to actually be wearing clothes that fit the rest of my body besides my waist.  In addition to my weight loss goals (weigh 250 by 8/31), I think I want to add size 36 waist.  Which at 250 lbs is very do-able.

One of the things I told myself when I was bigger was that I knew I was fat, but I didn't ever see it impacting my life or the things I wanted to do.  Granted my list did not include things that I want to do now (like sports, or activities having to do with being outside besides drinking), but we'll touch more on that later.  It didn't dawn on me that my weight was a problem until I learned that in the summer of 2011 my family would be taking a trip to Cedar Point.

Now to most of you that doesn't seem like it's that big of a deal, or let alone a wake up call.  But to a fat person it could potentially be one of the most embarrassing times I could ever imagine.  Anyone who knows me from my childhood could tell you that Cedar Point was a place I used to frequent often with my Grandparents.  Every year we would hop in my Grandpas big red van and cruise on out to good old Sandusky, Ohio and spend at least a couple of days roaming the park and finding exciting rides to go on with my sisters.  In those days the only thing I had to worry about was being tall enough to ride, not too fat to find a seat.  So I used that as motivation to fuel my weight loss.  I absolutely did not want to be left on the sidelines watching my family ride some of my all time favorite rides while I sat on the bench.  And at a weight of 355 that was a very real circumstance.

The last time I went before this was in the summer of 2004 when my girlfriend at the time, my best friend kris, his girlfriend at the time and I all took a trip out.  At this time I was more around the 220 mark that I graduated at, but still I found 1 ride that I barely made it onto.  This was an eye opener, especially for the future when I dreamed of going back.  So when I packed up all of my things and headed back there last summer I am proud to say there was only 1 ride I couldn't fit onto: Top Fuel Dragster.  The Millennium Force was a tight squeeze but I am glad to say that I made it onto the ride once, and although I couldn't ride it with no hands, the fact that I rode it at all was a huge accomplishment in my book.  Maybe it's a good thing that there's one ride left that I couldn't take, it's now a goal for me to be able to ride it comfortably.

There are some other things that I would enjoy doing that involve more than sitting around and playing video games or drinking.  I want to climb a mountain, maybe not a crazy tall mountain, but something that looks good on a resume (Haha).  I also would like to run in a marathon before I die, since that never really was an option of mine when I was larger.  Heck I'd actually be happy with a decent 1 mile time since that is something that has never happened.  Actually if I could run over a mile without stopping I'd be excited.

Below isn't quite the 'Me at Cedar Point' picture I was looking for, but it was during the same week.  Ryan, Graham, Dallas, and I all went to Pittsburgh to watch the Pirates take on the Cubs.  As you can tell I'm a huge Cubs fan so I wore Blue.  Everybody knows the Colts are in fact the greatest team ever assembled, and that includes every other sport.


No comments:

Post a Comment