Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Back to the Gym

Yesterday was my first day back to the gym.  Ouch, everything hurts.  I'm guessing that's a good thing considering I haven't been to the gym in over 2 weeks now.  My arms felt deflated and I didn't have that much energy.  I guess I can't say that I have a lot of motivation today since pretty much my entire body is sore.  My lovely girlfriend came with me to offer motivation, which didn't last long as it only took me about 30 minutes before my body was begging to go home and sleep.

My bench press was basically back to where I started at, 5x5 @ 130 lbs.  My squats were 5x5 @ 150, and I had to throw 160 lbs on my assisted dips (284-160=124 lbs).  So yes I was feeling a little on the weak side, but I guess that's why we go to the gym in the first place.  If I'm going to be saving people from burning buildings and wrestling bears I'm gonna need some strength.

One of the things I've been trying to work on is figuring out a good workout routine.  I wanted to basically break it down into 2 different days, and rotate those days 3-6 times a week depending on how lazy, I mean busy I am.  On one day I want to do Squats, Bench, and Dips/Pull-ups until my limbs want to fall off.  On the opposite days I want to do some kind of cardio for at least 30 mins in addition to some core strength exercise. So things like sit-ups, and planks.  Anyone with any kind of gym experience feel free to help me out.

On a side note my scale finally bit the dust.  I hopped on it this morning just because I was curious and it told me I weighed 29.7kg (65.4lbs).  For the last few months weighing myself has been fun since my scale was only reading numbers out in kilograms.  Realizing that this was some encrypted way of reading weight I downloaded an app on my phone that converted kg into a number that I recognize, lbs.  But now the time has come to go buy a new one.  Maybe I can con my roommate into buying one since my vacation was a bit rough on my wallet.  Well thanks for reading, stay motivated!

No comments:

Post a Comment